Haven't done a post like this in a while, but my mind is a little scattered.
- Just took a few days off, which has been interesting. I've been so tired. I think part of that is just taking days off, but part is that, well, I've slacked on my regular exercise. And then I spiral into unhealthfulness (is that a word? it is now).
- Pic loves to pick up free stuff from the curb. Quite a while back, on one of our family walks, there was a table of dishes and knicknacks and such with a "free" sign taped to it, and Pic chose a set of white porcelain quail from it. There are three quail (which she says are her, C, and me) and the middle-sized one is actually a perfume bottle. Many months later (that is, last night), she opened that perfume quail and poured its contents down the kitchen sink. And now our home smells like (pardon me) old lady.* Cloying, heavy. Just gross. Thanks, Pic.
- It has now been three years since most of our belongings have lived in storage. Oh how I miss my books. My many, many (many, many) books.
- Recently reread and (re)loved Jim Trelease's The Read-Aloud Handbook. It was one of the older editions. I'd like to pick up the most recent one. (But seriously, reading that makes me want to change careers. I want to read aloud for a living.)
Okay, enough for now. I'm off to read some more. I'm catching up on blog reading (still). And I'm still reading The Glamour of Grammar.
* I hope to one day be an old lady. I hope I don't start wearing perfume like this. Why do particular scents just smell old?